Pages

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Storytime and those gems you find on Youtube

I'm thinking....It's Wednesday. Halfway through the week- which, I might add, is taking its time. I am so bored waiting for the weekend to arrive. Not that I'm doing anything exciting :/
Anyway, the purpose of this post is to gush about this amazing singer I've discovered, through my (over)use of Youtube- Hobbie Stuart is his name. Let me tell you a little about how I came across him. (ahem)
'Twas a dark and gloomy day. My MP3 player had been slaughtered in action a few month earlier, and I was in dire need of something to stave off the boredom and melancholy of my dreary existence- a music fix. 'But where, oh where, could I possibly find such a thing?' I thought to myself, contemplating the complexities of the question. 'But of course, through Youtube,' I realized, remembering the website offered music at my fingertips. 
Thusly, I entered Youtube, and listened to some rather fabulous songs, whence I came upon a cover version of "Fast Car" (Tracy Chapman) by this (really cute) guy called Hobbie Stuart. And oh my goodness, he is amazing! I seriously fell in love with his voice.

He's a musician from Bristol, and he mostly does covers of songs, but like his own versions, and let me tell you, they are anything but mediocre.
But I could go on about him for ages, so instead, I implore you, if you do one thing one your computer/laptop/snazzy smarthphone this week (other than checking out my blog :3) take a gander down to Youtube and type Hobbie Stuart into the search bar. Or better yet, I'll save you the hassle- here's the link to his Youtube channel
Thanks for reading- see you soon :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you asap!